The Question is where to from here




This has been bothering me so much & i can't get it off my mind.

Aaliyah starts school in 2014 & im kind of just unsure what is best,

Other Mums at Dancing asked me which school we picked & i said "oh im unsure" they were appalled & said they had already had some Prep school visits for th 2014 School class & others said there children had been enrolled since 6-12months (AT SCHOOL).

I'm gutted i honestly dont no where we will be, i had always always wanted my Babies to go to Richmond School.


We left to do our OE under the assumption it would be for 2years & then we would be back to our Homeland.


Within that 2 years Life changes, The World changes, The Economy changes ... Everything Changes


Life goes by so fast & for the first few years you can just roll with the punches & go where the work is & move around but once Children become School age you just can't do that & you need to be some what settled somewhere.


Its just coming around so quickly & I'm over whelmed i just don't really understand the Schooling in Australia its so different than New Zealand & I've only really in the last 6months got my head around the Preschool/Kindy situation over here let alone School.


With the way of the Economy its so hard to think we could get back to NZ, Times are tough there & its a massive move with children once you have set up a life in Australia.



My Girls are both Australian & i guess we have a whole new life that would need to be packed up and shipped back including 2x dogs that would be over $5000 for them alone.

Its so easy to through about "I want to Move back home" & for people to say "Move back home already" but its just so much harder than meets the eye.


The Mining  industry is in a downturn & totally unpredictable right now so its like do we risk moving out to Moranbah right now or are we setting ourselves up for another fail in 6months time if things pick back up & then rental prices boom again upwards of $300 a week more than what we would be paying?


I don't think i could deal with another move again if that was the case.


I love Airlie Beach & i felt like we were settled here & that this is where we would be for a few years to come but then my Health packed up & living in such high Humidity in the Tropics is not an option for me.


We are having days of 35 degrees which is fine but its the Humidity that comes with it all that does the damage my feet/knees/wrist/hands have huge inflammation & its just the very start of Summer.


I am really freaking out & for someone so organised and who runs by the strictest Routine i am just totally in term oil here.


How do you no whats best?  How do you no if what you are doing is right for your children & the best for them?


At the end of the day i would i would honestly give the World, Anything, I mean Anything to make my children Happy!!!

& Give them the best start in life but how do you no what that is exactly?

I think about what made me happy as a child & things that spring to mind are simple: playing Pop bang Go, Bull Rush, Four Square, Elastics, Camping, Swimming and just having Friends.


It breaks my heart to say Aaliyah doesn't really have any friends yet but my biggest hope is to find her some.


We need to do something & its going to have to be soon but i just dont no what is best for us anymore.....................








Comments

  1. You are putting so much pressure on that pretty mind of yours.. Step back breath and take every day as it comes to think so far ahead is causing you so much stress and stress not needed just yet, if we all knew what to do and it was that easy we would never learn from our mistakes.
    I only just enrolled Ethan into school a few mths before no rush they have plenty of vacancies in all our schools. Kindy around here is another story.
    When the time comes you will know when you walk around hear and see for yourself and know what level your child is at.
    At the time finance changes also right now we can afford to invest in his future when summer start we may not be able to so I'm not stressing about it I'm doing one child at a time.
    With you health QLD where ever you go is hot and sticky, have you ever thought of moving to NSW where the mining boom is better than where our man are and cooler in summer.. Just a thought..
    We had this discussion once before and without emotion I sound like a spoilt bitch but we will never find the money we are on now and it's hard to go back to next to nothing when you already have the taste for it, to me it is about the money and not trying to look for loose change for a loaf of bread or telling your child she can't go on the excursion because we can't afford it.. Speaking from my past as a child my parents always felt bad.. I'm lucky kev actually doesn't mind his job and is happy to keep going, I am now after 5 yrs used to being the mum and the dad to both our kids and now my 16 yr old step son..
    I'm always out and about and if I think to much about the future I would need to be out in a padded room lol
    You are doing a awesome job stop over thinking when right now you have no need to, work wise and health wise maybe you do..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growth

Beautiful Sleep

That crazy thing called Life experience