Pregnancy,s No2 sudden turn of events


As i sit here this Tuesday 17Th May and have some time to reflect on the past months events i feel it is time to get some thoughts and feelings off my busy mind and also have them somewhere so i can look back on this time at a later date.

Pregnancy number two has taken a turn for the worse over the last few weeks starting off in Roxby Downs with me loosing some of my Animonic Fluid and being rushed off to hospital.

The hardest part with living in a remote area was the moment they turned and said "well theres nothing we can do until Monday when we have a Dr here that can do an ultrasound to find out if baby is still alive after you loosing this fluid" and that "we understand this will be a very stressful couple of days while you wait and you will be filled with anxiety so you will probably be more comfortable at home around family".......

Honestly what sort of practise is that!!!
To put a pregnant mother through that and trust me those 2days were so long so so long.

Monday came and i went off to the Dr's who found baby's heartbeat which the Hospital on the weekend wasn't able to do as they didn't even no how to use a a Doppler.
I was given another test and Then came an ultrasound which looked good although i was taken back to the Hospital and given Antibiotics in my arm to stop the risk of infection then got to go home but later that day i lost more fluid so was back at Roxby Hospital once more.

This time however they decided that they couldn't risk leaving me there and that in fact i was to be flown immediately to Adelaide Hospital to get more tests and be in a place that had facilities for preemie babies if this little Ladybug did decide to arrive early.

As i sat on the bed that evening in Roxby Hospital with a million thoughts and worries rushing through my head i just couldn't believe or even have a chance to take in what was happening, it was happening far to quick and the news that it would be just me on the plane was so scary and the fact i would be going by myself without Hayds and my dear wee girl Aaliyah terrified me.


My next memory of the events is the power going off for the whole town and the mad rush to check with the Pilot whether there would be lights on the runway for him to land and for us to take off.
I was then strapped tightly in a harness and taken away by ambulance with lights flashing to the airport to meet the plane.

Along the way the whole ambulance shudders to a frightening Holt and completely stops. I say "whats going on ???" to be told "its just 2 Kangaroos in the 100kms zone that don't want to move off the road"
Bizarrely i stupidly say "bugger wish i had my camera but i wouldn't be able to take any pics being strapped here anyway" ... i still wonder why i said that lol....

We then arrive at the airport and there are people there shooting rabbits so they had to get removed for the plane to land.
Next with this huge gush comes the plane and we back up to it and the stretcher goes up in the air so high to get me onto the plane. (Think of the height of a plane then laying flat on a stretcher and it being pitch black and going up into the plane laying down in a harness backwards..it was very bizarre).

It wasn't until i got inside the plane i realized just how small it was i had hardly any room above my head and it was so so small.
I started to get claustrophobic and expressed my concerns to the nurse who sat with me.
She then put a light on for me and continued to talk to me for the 2.5 hour flight to keep me busy and not think about what was going.
It was so strange and i said this feels like such a fuss and i feel fine.
I felt like a real burdon and like i was wasting peoples time and money but the nurse was so nice and explained to me some of the risks and was appalled at the fact the hospital had sent me home that first time i had leaked in the weekend.

We flew into Adelaide Airport and the next ambulance was there waiting for me.
As i came down on the stretcher i remember the cold air hitting me smack in the face but this time i wasn't scared i took in all the beautiful lights around the airport and could see the tops of houses etc it was quite magical.

The ride to the hospital was funny it was 2 young girls in the ambulance and they had there tunes playing quietly in the front and there bags of lollies to snack on during there night shift and seemed to be good friends.

Finally i arrived at the hospital where it was well after midnight but was told there would be no sleep for me that night as i was going to have lots of tests.
i was so exhausted but didn't care i just wanted some reassurance that little ladybug would be OK.

The night passed in a haze and before i knew it, it was morning i had had lots of tests and it appeared the leak had stopped which was great news.
It was so nice to see a familiar face when Hayden and Aaliyah got there that afternoon but poor Hayden looked so worried poor guy, must have been so scary for him.
I got sent for another more in depth ultrasound and had lots of other tests done in the ultrasound room and knew something was going on but wasn't getting told much.

The results showed that in fact the fluid levels around baby were very low and that the 2Nd Placenta in there was still completely functioning so they were testing to see if the twin in there was still alive..
Unfortunately not but is odd that i have 2 fully functionally placentas.

Next night i was finally free to head home assured that the leak had re sealed and i would be safe to travel to Queensland..

On our way across country i did struggle not feeling myself and filled with worry but we got there in the end and a big pheeeewwww.

Over the next 3days i slowly lost more fluid so went to Logan Hospital thinking i would just get a ultrasound and be assured things would be OK.

That was not to be
I had a test which came back positive to leaking animonic fluid and then went for an ultrasound which showed i still had low fluid levels and that the results from that scan were lower than the scan a week ago in Adelaide.
So i was to stay in hospital and got given so many more tests.
I felt like a pin cushion and was covered in bruises from all the needles.

I was given steroids to help Ladybugs lungs develop enough if she was to come early so she had a better chance of being able to breath on her own.

Next day i had started to get an infection so was put on such strong medications i wasn't fully with it and got really sick from the meds so was put on 4 meds all up to fix and balance the medication.
I couldn't sleep and being away from my wee girl was terrible i missed her dearly and was lost without her and Hayds.

The worry was terrible and not knowing the outcome was almost unbearable i felt like i was going to explode and that i couldn't take anymore but some how the body Carry's on and pulls through.

It was so hard to listen to all the other mums so happy and for filled with there beautiful baby's born and here there joy as there family's met them for the first time.
Each day as i went for my walk down the end or the corridor and back i got bizarre glances and stares from the mothers which made me feel awful i gave up making eye contact with them.

It really hurt when even the midwives would say "oh you don't even look pregnant"
when all i wanted was to fit in and be ok and have some much needed reassurance....

Day 7 finally i was allowed home till my scan the next day, in all honesty it was like Christmas walking out into the bright sunshine was unbelievable and taking in the fresh air.
Catching up on much needed family cuddles and kisses and just being home = Magic

I woke the next morning feeling like i had doubled in size overnight literally.
Hayds politely told me not to get my hopes up and that i looked the same but i felt different i had been awake the whole night before with tummy pains and just felt so much heavier.

Yuuusss Ultrasound showed i had doubled the fluid levels in one week much to the astonishment of the Dr's and that there was now so much less risk of leaking as i had managed to hold the fluid without loosing anymore.

So i have to carry on as best i can and take each day as it comes and wish for the best.

There is still a high chance i will be having a C Section because of all the complications ( A lot i have chosen not to go into detail with ) but there is a slim chance i could have a natural birth.


Wow how things can change in a split section
I will never take being pregnant for granted and will be forever grateful for the love and support of my family through this time especially my Husband who has been absolutely amazing he has showed such strength throughout and i will be forever grateful


Lets wait and see how this story plays out each day i am carrying this precious Ladybug is a true blessing









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth

Beautiful Sleep

That crazy thing called Life experience