Could you imagine watching your loved one set off to work one fateful morning non the wiser as to what would take place later that day?


Then receiving that phone call to say there has been an explosion and in fact they are trapped inside the mine?


I cant even begin to comprehend what that might be like but i know 29 Mens families no that feeling oh to well & i wish things could be different.....


The Pike River Mining tragedy is so gut wrenching and those brave men are on my mind all the time.


The fact is we all no this should never have happened but now 18months on these Husbands, Brothers, Fathers, Sons, Friends, Grandads are still trapped in that mine and that is so horribly wrong...


My heart aches for there families and what they must go through day after day week after week hoping for that chance to get there Men out & give them a proper burial.


I remember the exact moment i found out about it and sat sobbing in my lounge in disbelief in Roxby Downs S.A, glued to the TV watching update after update  hoping for some good news.


I wanted to immediately jump in my car and race around to Josh and Nics and cuddle there pain away but i knew it would be such a stressful time and that i may be in the way going around and knew this would be such a shock for them.


After awhile i did anyway and although i cant really recall exactly what i said or even did i hope they knew i meant well..
I couldn't offer my help or do anything i felt so helpless .


Later that day i found out not only was my Friend Riki Keane down in that Mine but our dear friends Monique & Shanna's  father  Peter O'neill was as well and my heart sunk again.


I so hoped for the best and for days and days after with my candle burning i did just that but as the days became weeks and the weeks months the hope for them dwindled.


I feel so ripped off for there families so so gutted 


I no i no  apparently it wasn't safe and all the rest but at the same time i cant help but think of all these other Mining accidents where the workers and rescue teams didn't back off research then go in, they just bloody well got in there and got those Miners out!!!!!


There is no question that this should never have happened!
None of these Men deserved to loose there life due to Poor working conditions & a poorly run Mine that wasn't up to safety standards.


Someone needs to take more ownership and step up to help these Family's get there Men home...


I don't want to offend anyone or upset anyone but the fact is John Key is the poorest excuse for a Prime Minister i have heard of.
Who in there right mind running a country can go up to individual family members of the Miners and shake there hand and make a promise to them "He will get there men out" ?????


John Key might not have known all the facts or researched enough but i tell you this (if that was his Son, Brother, Dad) in that mine they would already be out. That i am sure of regardless of the risks...


Enough about my views on John though


Having known Riki for quite some years now i know he was honest ,funny, Witty ,cheeky, and wore his heart on his sleeve.


He had such a big heart and was so proud of his family & 2 young boys.


There is a few fond memories i find myself remembering and having a bloody good chuckle about. 
Cos man could he be so bloody funny.


Rik was the type of person you could sit an talk to forever and not get bored of talking to.


I recall one Australia Day going over to the South Side of Brisbane and everyone Celebrating outside all the while me and Rik stood by the stairs and talked the whole night away (much to the disgust of everyone else trying to get a word in edge ways).


He is so missed and even though time passes  he and the other 28 men are not forgotten.


I no that everyone has there own views on that day and the weeks that followed and also what should happen but you must agree if there is even a glimpse of hope at getting these men out they should regardless of the cost


I felt a need to put some thoughts down on my blog because its not something that's going to go away with time and be forgotten i no that but the more people that are aware and on board the better.


For if you could even begin to think about what those Brave Mens families are still going through to this day you would agree something HAS TO BE DONE TO GET THESE MEN OUT !!!







www.3news.co.nz
Campbell Live meets some of the Pike River families.


www.nzherald.co.nz







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth

Beautiful Sleep

That crazy thing called Life experience