Settling into life with my new fuller family



I cant believe how time buzzes by at such a fast rate with a newborn,
Its so easy to loose track of days/dates/times.

I am settling into having 2 children and enjoying the time i have been able to have with my Sister, Niece Skye and my mother whilst they are in Australia.

To say its much busier is an understatement in fact at times life in this house is chaos and i struggle at times to find time to race through the shower and most days go without a scrap of make up on my face.

Still i wouldn't change it for the world and embrace this special time i am having with my 2 dear wee girls.
As lets face it life just passes you by so fast.

Lacey-Jay isn't much of a sleeper and is going through the whole "i must be held by my mummy at all times" which can be rather difficult for Aaliyah when she needs her mummy also.

That is the one thing i am struggling with, I just worry so much she may be missing out on all important (Mummy Time) after having me all to herself for 2years..

It must be hard on her but she is the Best Big Sister and is not jealous in the slightest.
She gets very concerned when Lacey-Jay is crying and pulls me with her hand to take me there immediately if I'm not there quick enough.

Its really gorgeous in the mornings when she says " Oh hi Sister "...

Lacey-Jay is growing so fast and i cant begin to think where the last few weeks have gone.

I am being tested that's for sure with me currently having the flu, as well as Aaliyah & Aaliyah having a couple of other things she is sick with currently & of course Lacey-Jay having Reflux so bad and not sleeping more than 2 hours at a time.
Lacey-Jay also has bronchiolitis and is so sick with it struggling to catch her breath at times and going red then shades of blue in the face (very scary) and choking a lot.
She is on meds and i hope in days to come she will be much better.

Still all it takes is to be gazing into those sweet little eyes of Lacey-Jays and for that moment when she manages to focus on me and her whole face lights up in a big smile.
Now those moments make all the tricky moments much more manageable any day !!!!!

I feel so grateful to have two healthy girls and cant wait for them to be playing in the backyard together and fighting over barbie dolls or whatever it happens to be at the time.

Hayden is feeling it working away from his girls and i feel for him having to be away for work, Aaliyah also misses her Daddy much more than i realised she would and not only Aaliyah i am as well.

Not having that 5pm deadline or 7pm when Hubby knocks off work and comes home is the tricky part, It was always reassuring knowing in the back of my mind after a full on day with Aaliyah as a baby "Ive just got to get to 7pm then Hayds will be home to help" ...

His roster doesn't help at all either with him working a few days on then a few off he never gets more than around 3 days home of which most of the time its taken up with travel to and from Moranbah.
What with the driving from Moranbah to Mackay then flight to Brisbane then train to Ormeau and working that around together takes up most of the day.

So thoughts are going into moving closer to him so we can take advantage of his days off more and be free to do more things as a family unit ..

I feel confident and ready to take on the next few busy weeks ahead with just me and my 2 girls

The love this family has for each other is unbreakable

To be apart of a family like mine
is so divine
where love is shown
hurt is shared
our love for each other is never impaired

we talk
we laugh
we cry
but we are a family
and we do it all together
for as a family
we do it all as one

you hurt one
you hurt all
and as a family unit
we will all stand tall
for we are family
a family full of strength
a family full of love
a family no one can touch
that, s why I love my family so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth

Beautiful Sleep

That crazy thing called Life experience