A Little bit of Funk



Since having Aaliyah at the back of my mind i have always thought why isn't there a broader rang of clothes available?

Everything is quite simple & basic in the shops & things that are different & unique are hard to come by or cost a fortune.

Whilst living in Roxby Downs the idea of selling my own Kiddies clothes had swirled around in my head but i decided against taking the plunge figuring it was a big risk & maybe more trouble than it was worth.

i have always shopped around, trying to find things a bit different than the norm for my children.

A pet hate is seeing 10 kids all wearing things from the same place but i understand that there is just limited options out there.

People have always commented on what i dress my children in & given nice compliments along the way also stating they "wish we sold things like that here" 

Having worked in Retail my whole career & also being a Manager i feel i have picked some good knowledge up along the way of the ins & outs on what makes a business work & helps to make it stand out amongst the rest.

Therefore after 3years being out of the work force i decided along with a gentle nudge from Hubby that i would throw myself in the deep end & start up a Small Business selling Kiddies clothes.

I figure if i enjoy Shopping/Styling & Children thats a good start 

So for the last year i have been quietly researching what is available around the world & the cost of these items also how much they are being sold for from others stores , All the while not really thinking i would ever actually act on my idea....

First i needed to come up with a name

Something catchy & something that was easy to remember, also something trendy & fun

This was harder than i thought but then bang crackle pop it came to me "Funky Tikes Boutique" i instantly knew i loved it & wanted it & needed it all in one.

I jumped online to check if this name was used & can you believe it there is no other "Funky Tikes Boutique"

Next i registered my business name got my ABN number & got under way spending hours upon hours researching stock, pricing, whats available & finding the perfect items for my Store.

Ive got my business cards on order,  designed my own business label &  now eagerly await the arrival of my first shipment of stock.

My goal is to sell my items Online, Through Markets locally & also i aim to be selling at the Nelson Flea Markets sometime soon  

I figure you can only but try your best & if i don't succeed then at least i can tick it off the list in my mind of things i have wanted to have a crack at & that in itself is an accomplishment  in my eyes

My facebook page wasn't ready to go public as yet but people found me so if you would like to take a peak & offer some feedback that would be amazing 

Also it is through word of mouth that will help create a successful business so when our stock arrives i hope you will "share" our store with all your friends 

www.facebook.com/funkytikesboutique



Page · 41 like this.
1 of 1Choose a thumbnail



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth

Beautiful Sleep

That crazy thing called Life experience