The Decision


With the decision having been made brings lots of questions worries and thoughts about how this will all work.

The decision being
Having a baby in New Zealand not Australia.

Lots of things made us decide New Zealand but the main reason is realistically its the only way it would work.
I cant live in Roxby Downs from 36wks as we have no Midwife here and nobody or the equipment required if a problem arose.

So then comes the thoughts well what about Adelaide but i don't no Adelaide very well and its from 36wks what if i was to go 2wks over my due date.
I mean the expense is one thing the idea of a possible 6wks paying for an apartment would be through the roof.
Then theres the what would i do?
Mum would only be able to take 2wks off work and with Katie working full time that wouldn't work with her either.
And i would need someone with me in case there was a need to get to hospital quickly or for my appointments at the hospital, So Aaliyah would need someone to watch her.

So really there was no other way it would all work out.
In New Zealand we can get the support we will need and help with Aaliyah while i am in Labour and the stay in hospital.
Still I'm a little scared about the whole thing

Such a long time away from Hayden at the time i need him most.And the thought of what if i went into labour really early and he wasn't in NZ yet.
That is the scariest thought for me because Hayden's the only one i want around me when in labour and hes the only one that helps me get through that time.
I couldn't bear him not being there with me.

Also the unknown of how long i will end up having to be there waiting for Birth Certificates and then the wait for the baby's passport to arrive before i can go home.

Theres also the scary part of staying at my sisters for such a long time and becoming a burdon with 2 children one of which will be waking numerous times a night.

And the thought of getting a newborn settled and into a routine at someone elses house without your own surroundings and comforts and toys etc.

Theres so many questions i have swirling in my head for example to name a few.
How will we get around 2 children and no car.
The list of things i will have to bring across the ditch with me for the baby.
What about Capsules, baby baths, monitors, bassinets, change table the list goes on and on.
I will have to ask around and try and get all that organised to borrow.

I no you will be probably reading this and thinking
"you have so much time to get all that sorted"
But i am such a organized person i always think ahead and have everything arranged to a fine line.
I never NEVER leave anything till the last minute i just don't work like that.

I find writing a good way to get thoughts and things off my chest and don't you agree its always interesting hearing about someone elses thoughts and journey through life?
Its also a great way for me to look back on my thoughts in the future and remember what was going on at that time.

So with saying all this I'm sure We being myself and Hayden have made the best decision for our family to have the new midget in NZ.
Hayden was the one that really wanted NZ from word go but i have had my reservations re going without him.

One thing i am sure of is, it will be so special for all our friends and family to see our new baby to be as a new born right from word go xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth

Beautiful Sleep

That crazy thing called Life experience